Heliotropis Solar Powered Kinetic Sculpture
Theflower includes solar panels to collect the energy from the sun that itwill use for the inward and outward movement of glass petals. Theceramic and glass are the main materials that these artists areconsidering. However, they are still not certain about the color of thepetals. The idea behind this sculpture is to provide green stimuli tothe public.
Theenvironmentalists and scientists from all over the world are busyresearching to develop methods to avoid the energy crisis as well as tofight the problem of gradually growing carbon emissions. However, thereis one more aspect that is an integral part of human life – aesthetics.To preserve this very aspect in a green way, Beth Deutch and LarryRubin in Rumson have designed a charming solar powered kineticsculpture that they hope to complete in 2010.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?