HelioDynamics Commissions Solar Concentrator Project In California
The project, whichincorporates HelioDynamic’s linear Fresnel solar concentrationtechnology, provides energy for air conditioning on the SouthernCalifornia Gas Co. Energy Resource Center located in Downey, Calif. Thesystem is part of a comparative program to use heat generated by thesun to power an absorption chiller that feeds cold water to the airconditioning loop.
The HelioDynamics solar concentrator isavailable for the generation of industrial-grade heat at temperaturesin excess of 185 degrees C. It uses EnergyMixx-developed Technology,employing simple flat-glass mirrors held within a lightweight, low-costbut robust aluminum frame.
SOURCE: EnergyMixx AG
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System