Having A Green Memorial Day
Red Solo Cup – I’m sure most of you have heard the song by Toby Keith; if not check it out. Solo cups are decomposable, recyclable, and can now be put in your compost pile. Finally, I put mine through the dishwasher and reuse them until they break and then recycle them.
Finger Foods – Make simple and easy to handle food like hot dogs, kabobs, cupcakes, etc and reduce the need for plates and cutlery. If your party really needs things like plates and cutlery, why not pick up inexpensive plastic plates that can go through the dishwasher and be reused for other parties. You can do the same with plastic cutlery.
Local Products – Watermelon is one of my favorite things to eat when it is hot, and here in South Florida it is almost always hot. Go to your local fresh market and purchase all the produce you need for your party and help local farmers. Same goes for other local vendors that have what you may need.
Make your Decorations – Like in the picture above, you can make your own decorations that will last from year to year. Paint empty cans any way you want, punch in a few holes, and put in a candle. Or tie large ribbons on jars, chairs, or anything else. After the party is over, you can box up the decorations and use them again next year.
Give Thanks – Don’t forget what Memorial Day is all about and give thanks to all the soldiers that have fallen. And if you are a soldier or know one personally I want to say thank you for everything you have done.
Well there you have it; a few ideas on how you can make your party fun but still be green. I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
SEPCO—Solar Electric Power Company is a worldwide leader in outdoor solar lighting for over 20 years. SEPCO founder, Steve Robbins, invented the first commercial solar street light over 25 years ago. As demonstrated through thousands of projects around the world, SEPCO solar light systems feature rugged commercial-grade construction combined with unparalleled quality, performance, reliability, 25+ year system life expectancy and the best warranty in the business. Please visit our website at www.sepco-solarlighting.com for more details on how SEPCO can help you illuminate streets, roadways, parking lots, pathways, parks, signs, bus shelters, etc. with the power clean, renewable solar energy.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!