Gujarat to Open Solar Park
The state has declared its solar power policy during January 2009with an ambition to have 1,000 MW power production capability in 2012and 3,000 MW by the year 2014. The state has already contracted powerpurchase agreements to the tune of 934 MW.
For the proposed 500 MW solar park, the companies such as Lanco andGMR, which have received allotment for the power production, will invest around Rs. 8,000 crore. The companies have received the allotmentletter for solar power generation under the state sponsored GujaratSolar Mission.
The solar park is being formulated by Gujarat Power Corporation(GCPL), the nodal agency, over 2,000 hectares of unused wasteland closeto Rann of Kutch, in the Patan district. In the first phase of theoperation, around 150 solar power production companies will generatearound 176 MW power and Gujarat Energy Transmission Corporation will set up a power pooling station to collect the generated power. In the first phase of development, out of the total allotted amount of Rs.1,287crore, an amount of 351 crores will be spent for the purchase of landand setting up of the power infrastructure and 624 crore towardsevacuation facilities. The project when completed will generate around800 million units of power.
The solar project has received Rs.210 crore as one time additionalassistance from the Central Planning Commission and the AsianDevelopment Bank has given its accord for $ 100 million as soft loan for the project, which includes developing and installing a smart grid fortransfer of power.
Headway Solar has an experienced team of PV Solar Power Plant Consultants in India.Apart from being Solar Power Plant consultants, we provide completerange ofSolar Products and Services. We are a young company and we strive toexcel in the best and latest technologies of the Solar Industry. Articles l Homepage
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!