Withthe ever increasing demand of green energy, inventors and scientistsare working on ways that can by no means be termed conventional. GeneFein and Ed Merritt are two such inventors who want the endlesshighways, which we use daily to commute to our places of work, beconverted into renewable energy generators, which could one day powerour cities with clean energy and can also offer electricity forroadside charging of electric vehicles.
The Green Roadway Project,as the plan has been named, makes use of strings of solar panels, windturbines and geothermal devices that can convert these naturalresources into precious electricity. The technology which would be usedin these roads has been patented by the inventors, who hope tocapitalize on government economic- stimulus money and tax breaks forclean energy projects by auctioning off rights to use their inventionsin each of the 50 states in the U.S.
Theproponents believe that a 10-mile stretch of the technology can powermore than 2,000 homes with clean energy, for which most people willreadily pay more. Talking about the feasibility of the system, theinventors claim that unlike horizontal axis wind turbines, which havebeen regularly criticized for their unsightly looks, their system wouldbe based on better turbines, which will be no more than 25 feet highand will be placed 500 feet back from the pavement.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!