Green P decentralized parking system gets powered by solar energy
Withthe number of cars on the road on a constant rise, designers arethinking hard about developing parking systems that can be used withoutcrowding the streets with cars. Industrial designers Algis Berziunasand Laima Rimkute have proposed the Green P parking system that triesto end all woes.
Theconcept is based on the decentralization of parking systems into manysmaller spots that can be placed in unused spaces such as underflyovers and bridges. The Green P system also includes a lightingsystem that can replace or supplement ordinary road lights by chargingthem with solar energy generated by panels installed on the Green P’sroof.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?