Green Jobs: The Reality
Why would they do such a thing?
Because most of the bullshit coming from the mainstream media and political attack ads is misinforming the public about the very real economic and environmental benefits of renewable energy integration.
So these “fact checks” have been designed to set the record straight. And we’re more than happy to help clear things up.
Today we’ll focus on job creation.
The claim – Clean and renewable energy doesn’t support American jobs.
The truth – There are at least one million clean energy jobs in the United States, from hard hats and lab coats to engineers and installers. The sector is a strong and growing contributor to America’s economy. Take a look. . .
- In the first three months of 2012 alone, there were more than 46,000 new jobs associated with new clean energy projects.
- The U.S. wind industry employs more than 75,000 people.
- The U.S. solar industry employs more than 100,000 Americans.
- More than 400,000 people work in the U.S. biofuels industry.
- There are at least 200,000 people working in the U.S. hydropower industry.
- 25,000 Americans work in the U.S. geothermal industry.
- 155,000 Americans were employed by suppliers of clean and efficient vehicle components in 2011.
- The U.S. biomass industry supports more than 15,000 jobs, with many of those jobs in rural areas.
- The growing green building sector supports 661,000 jobs – one-third of the U.S. design and construction workforce.
You can read more about these job facts here.
Is Renewable Energy Really Creating Jobs? originally appeared in Green Chip Stocks. Green Chip Review is a free 2x-per-week newsletter, is the first advisory to focus exclusively on investments in alternative and renewable energies.
Green Chip Stocks Editors & Contributors Jeff Siegel Jeff Siegel is the managing editor of Green Chip Stocks, an independent investment research service that focuses exclusively on renewable energy and organic and natural food markets. Nick Hodge One of the bright young minds in today's cleantech industry, Nick is putting his knowledge of nascent green markets to use in several ways... Nick is the co-author of a best-selling book and has interviewed dozens of times for TV and Web; his keen insight, uncanny foresight, and global contacts have led to double- and triple-digit wins for his readers, time after time.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System