Google Makes It Easier To Find EV Charging Stations
Google seems to be on a serious renewable energy roll this month. After the recent announcement to invest $5 million in renewable energy in Germany, this week out came an announcement that the web giant has partneredwith the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable EnergyLaboratory and more than 80 stakeholders to use Google Maps as aplatform to give up-to-date information on the location of ElectricVehicle (EV) charging stations across the country.
The partnership is part of the Department of Energy’s drive to promote electric vehicles. For that purpose, it recently made available $5 million in new fundingfor community-based efforts to deploy EV infrastructure and chargingstations. The announcement was made by Secretary Chu and TransportationSecretary Ray LaHood during a conference call with Colorado GovernorJohn Hickenlooper, Tucson Mayor Bob Walkup, and St. Paul MayorChristopher Coleman, who are leaders of three of the nation’s nearly 100 Clean Cities Coalitions.
As we have previously reported here, electric vehicles have becomemore popular with the launch of models such as the Nissan Leaf andFord’s Focus. Initiatives like this are consistent with market changestowards a greener transport network and part of a wider move to reduceU.S. oil imports by one-third by 2025.
Energy Refuge is green blog focused on renewable energy and green issues.Established in 2006, it has been growing steadily with fresh andwell-written reports published on a daily basis.Articles l Homepage
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!