German PV Market Grows 327% in First Eight Months of 2010 To 4.8 GW Says IMS Research
IMS Research was founded in 1989 in the United Kingdom by former semiconductor industry executives. It has become a leading market research firm in a number of electronics segments including semiconductors, wireless communications, automotive, power, factory automation, consumer electronics and security. IMS Research is aggressively pursuing supply chain coverage of the PV industry, leveraging its dominant position in the inverter market. To accelerate this goal, it acquired Young Market Research (YMR) in November 2009. YMR’s CEO Ross Young is now SVP of PV and Displays at IMS Research covering the entire PV supply chain. Prior to forming YMR, Ross Young was a VP at Samsung Electronics and General Electric in the TV space and was founder and CEO of DisplaySearch. Prior to forming DisplaySearch, he held marketing positions in the semiconductor and flat panel equipment markets at GCA, Fusion Semiconductor, Brooks Automation and OWL Displays. He has also authored a book on US-Japan semiconductor competition called Silicon Sumo published by the University of Texas. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS