GDF Suez Will Build France’s Largest PV Solar Power Plant
The 33-megawatt facility will be constructed in Curbans (SoutheastFrance), where approximately 145,000 photovoltaic solar panels will beplace over 150 acres of land. It is estimated that solar power plantwill be able to generate 43.5 million kilowatt hours of electricityevery year–the equivalent of providing electricity for 14,500households and removing 120,000 metric tons of carbon dioxideannually. GDF expects the facility to come into commission by August2011.
GDF Suez is one of France’s largest energy providers. Currently, ithas base production capacity of 6,600 MW, of which close to 70% comesfrom renewable sources. GDF Suez has a serious commitment to providingFrance with clean energy; this allegiance to renewable energy isreflected in the company’s position as France’s largest wind powerproducer and second largest hydro-electric power producer.
Read the full story at GDF Suez: GDF Suez builds France’s largest photovoltaic solar power facility
EnergyBoom is a global leader in news information about the renewable energy sector, offering expert analysis to keep you on the cutting edge of the renewable energy world. From public policy and financial analysis to company profiles to social commentary and the basics, EnergyBoom is your 360° view of the renewable energy world. Our contributors scour the globe daily for the latest news and information delivering insight and analysis, covering everything from new technologies to breaking news.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!