FUTUREWATCH: Public Rapid Transit
Public Rapid Transit (PRT) is regarded vital to the future of mass transport. The apparent reason is that the system is energy efficient and combines the advantages of both transit and personal transportation. In particular, beamways are the most progressive in the realm of PRT innovations. By installing solar collectors on top, they optimize the use of natural resources, conserving energy and yet providing maximum convenience to travelers, eliminating the possibility of traffic jams.
Ideal for personal transport, PRT will take travelers to their destinations automatically, without the need to drive. After one set of passengers are over with their journey, it’s time to collect another set. The vehicles will keep relocating themselves according to passenger demands.
In order to maintain sufficient speed and serve maximum passenger traffic, it is imperative that the vehicles are put up on an elevation, like a beamway, and also they are specifically made from steel to keep their weight under control.
Till the recent past, PRT technology was not laying much emphasis on minimizing energy consumption, but now, things are taking a turn with the advancements in computer technology, using every possible low energy material for its construction.
The main incorporation that can make the PRT more efficient includes use a track, which is higher and wider and maintains better structural stability; use of steel wheels that will cut the energy consumption by half and lastly, adjusting the pressure on the drive wheel will manage the friction better, helping it to be energy efficient.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!