Flexible Rooftop PV Modules from Global Solar
Installing racking systems to hold heavy polycrystalline silicon panels on a rooftop might just become obsolete with Global Solar’s PowerFlex BIPV modules. The flexible solar modules can be glued ontothe surface of a roof to generate renewable electricity. The companyclaims that the installed cost of Global Solar modules is about the same as traditional polycrystalline modules.
Since the modules don’t require any spacing between racks, they cancover more roof space and generate more power. Global Solar is planningto sell 19ft long and 1.5ft wide solar strips, which are made from acombination of copper, indium, selenium and gallium.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System