First Solar Gobbles Up RayTracker $FSLR
First Solar (FSLR) has announced it acquired RayTracker which makes solar tracking technology and PVbalance-of-systems to improve efficiency by tracking the location of the sun. I assume this technology is similar to the ground mountedtracking technology that Sunpower uses, but would like to hear from theexperts in this area! RayTracker’s team will integrate with First Solar along with their customers.
“We expect the addition of RayTracker’s people and technologywill help accelerate our ongoing quest to enable a world powered byclean, affordable and sustainable solar electricity,” said Bruce Sohn,President of First Solar. “We welcome RayTracker’s innovative associates to our advanced systems development team.”
Shares of FSLR continue to look pretty good in my opinion with ahigher volume bounce off support of the 200 day moving averageyesterday. $130 is really the key level that it needs to hold. A break below would be bearish for FSLR. Shares are essentially flat at theopen.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?