First Solar Clears Last Hurdle on AVSR1 Project $FSLR
First Solar (Nasdaq: FSLR) just announced that the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the 230-megawatt AV Solar Ranch One photovoltaic solar project in Los Angeles County has become final and non-appealable.
Alan Bernheimer of First Solar told Greentech Media that the "Conditional Use Permit (from LA County) and final EIR (CEQA) were the major project permitting hurdles, which we now have behind us. Construction is expected to start in Q3 2011."
The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2013 with up to 400 workers employed during construction.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System