First Solar Beats Estimates, Maintains Guidance, Stock Falls (FSLR) $FSLR
The company smashed EPS estimates of 1.49/share and the whisper numberof 1.42/share by posting 1.65/share, but that is a decrease from lastquarter and just a hair above the year ago quarter. Revenues were moreimpressive at $640 million which is a nearly 50% bump from the year agoquarter and 30% higher than last quarter. So, while FSLR beat by adecent margin, it appears traders were looking for more as the stockremains under a bit of pressure after hours.
For the full year 2010, the company sees EPS in the range of6.05 – 6.85 vs the consensus of 6.37 on revenues of $2.7 – 2.9 billion,vs the estimates of $2.7 billion.
Shares are off about 3% in after hours trading. More on First Solar’s quarter tonight or in the morning..
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear