First Light Solar Park starts Producing Cean Eectricity for Canada
First Light Solar Park, Canada’s largest solar energy generating plant developed by SunEdison Canada and SkyPower Corphas officially opened. The facility will generate about 10 million KWhof renewable electricity in its first year that will be enough to power10,000 households with renewable energy.
Thefacility consists of over 126,000 solar panels and is situated over 90acres of land. Over 20 years, the 9.1MW system will prevent nearly152,000 metric tons of CO2 from entering the atmosphere, the equivalentof removing almost 33,000 cars from the road.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy