Evergreen Solar (ESLR) To Finance New Plant With $60 Million Public Offering
Evergreen Solar just announced a public offering of its commonstock, worth $60 million. Piper Jaffray and Co is the underwriter forthe offering, and Evergreen Solar intends to give them a 30-day optionto buy an additional $9 million worth of stock.
Per a company press release, the money raised from the offering will be used to finance the plant Evergreen plans to build in Wuhan, China:
Evergreen Solar intends to use the net proceeds from the offering,after deducting underwriting discounts and Evergreen Solar’s estimatedexpenses related to the offering (1) to fund its planned initial 100 MWwafer manufacturing facility in Wuhan, China, which, assuming the Wuhangovernment provides or facilitates financing for approximatelytwo-thirds of the initial expansion cost, is expected to requirebetween $15 million and $20 million; (2) to purchase capital equipmentrequired for further expansion of its Midland, Michigan string factory;and (3) for general corporate purposes, including working capital andpossible payments to its Sovello joint venture (or Sovello’s lenders)that may be required under certain circumstances.
Green Chip Stocks Editors & Contributors Jeff Siegel Jeff Siegel is the managing editor of Green Chip Stocks, an independent investment research service that focuses exclusively on renewable energy and organic and natural food markets. Nick Hodge One of the bright young minds in today's cleantech industry, Nick is putting his knowledge of nascent green markets to use in several ways... Nick is the co-author of a best-selling book and has interviewed dozens of times for TV and Web; his keen insight, uncanny foresight, and global contacts have led to double- and triple-digit wins for his readers, time after time.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!