Evergreen Solar (ESLR) and Jianwei Solar Break Ground On New Plant
Together with its partner Jianwei Solar, Evergreen Solar held agroundbreaking ceremony today in Wuhan, China to mark the start of theconstruction of their 100 MW manufacturing plants. During the ceremony,leaders from both companies were joined by political leaders from WuhanCity and Hubei province. Construction on the plant began last month andis set to be completed by next spring.
In a press release, Evergreen Solar Chairman, President and CEO Richard M. Feldt commented on the ceremony:
“Today represents an important step in the growth of EvergreenSolar,” said Feldt. “When you combine Evergreen Solar`s unique wafertechnology and Jiawei`s high quality, cost efficient cell and panelconversion processes, we believe we have a winning formula that willproduce the best performing and lowest cost multi-crystalline solarpanels in the world. We`re extremely pleased that construction proceedsaccording to schedule and look forward to beginning production of ourString Ribbon solar panels in the spring of 2010.”
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!