Evatran Wireless Electric Vehicle Charger
Evatran has unveiled their new wireless charger for electric cars at the Plug-In 2010 conference in San Jose, California. Thenext-generation charger makes use of proximity charging technology topower car with electrons beamed from the car-sized Powermat.
Electricity transmitted by the Powermat is received by ashoebox-sized device mounted to the undercarriage of the vehicle, whichmagnetically detects the position of the Powermat. The device iscurrently 80 percent efficient while firing energy across a 2-inch gap,but the developers are hoping to make the production version 90 percentefficient.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS