Enphase Readies for IPO
The pricing comes nine months after the IPO was registered with the SEC. The offer looks to raise approximately $72 million to $87 million in capital.
Timing an IPO is a delicate art and the underwriters and VC investors behind the offering might have a sense that the market is ready for this event. That, or the company is in need of capital from public rather than private markets. VC investors in Enphase include Rockport Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Applied Ventures, Madrone Capital, and Third Point Management.
- The firm has shipped more than 1.55 million microinverters since its founding, 1 million in 2011 alone.
- Enphase estimates that represents about 40,000 installations.
- Canada accounted for 12 percent of revenue in 2011.
- Net revenues were $20.2 million, $61.7 million and $149.5 million for the years ended December 31, 2009, 2010 and 2011, respectively.
- Net losses were $16.9 million, $21.8 million and $32.3 million for the years ended December 31, 2009, 2010 and 2011, respectively.
- The firm expects to incur a net loss in 2012
- At the end of 2011, the firm had 298 employees.
- Enphase market share of the PV inverter market in California for residential installations was 34.4 percent at the end of 2011, based on total wattage, with data from the CSI.
- Enphase market share of the PV inverter market in California in the 10-kilowatt to 100-kilowatt small commercial sector was 16.5 percent at the end of 2011, based on total wattage, with data from the CSI.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS