Enphase Drops IPO Price
Enphase has lowered its IPO price range to between $6.00 and $7.00 — down from the $10.00 to $12.00 per share range set earlier this month.
Enphase is the Petaluma, Calif.-based microinverter startup that has been long been viewed at as an obvious candidate for IPO.
The current pricing comes nine months after the IPO was registered with the SEC. The offer now looks to raise approximately $50 to $58 million. The IPO could happen as soon as tomorrow, March 29.
Timing an IPO is a delicate art, and the underwriters and VC investors behind the offering might have a sense that the market is ready for this event. That, or the company is in need of capital from public rather than private markets. VC investors in Enphase include Rockport Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Applied Ventures, Madrone Capital, and Third Point Management.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?