Energy Conversion Devices To Build Facility In France (ENER)
Energy Conversion Devices just announced that it will build a 30MWsolar laminate manufacturing facility in France. The company has notsettled on a site yet, but is considering locating the facility inAlsace.
In a press release, Mark Morelli, ECD’s president and chief executive officer, explained the decision:
“France is one of the world’s fastest growing and most progressivesolar markets. It has expressed its long-term support of alternativeenergy in the Grenelle de l’environnement objectives, and the recentchange to its feed-in-tariff structure establishes a sustainablefoundation to meet those objectives…We relocated our Europeanheadquarters to Paris last year, and believe it is now an excellenttime to locate manufacturing in this market close to our channelpartners and customers. With the new tariff structure resolved, and thehigh concentration of low-load bearing buildings that are ideallysuited for our lightweight and low impact UNI-SOLAR solutions,we see growing demand for our solar products in France. We look forwardto working with French officials to identify the right support torealize this project, and to create local jobs in both research anddevelopment and manufacturing.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy