Electric RAV4: Still Ugly $TM $TSLA
Toyota has unveiled its new RAV4 electric vehicle at the LA Auto Show. The demonstration vehicle isbased on the company’s combustion engine model with a few modificationsto the suspension and the steering. With some other cosmetic changesalso included, the vehicle is fitted with an electric powertrain andbatteries supplied by Tesla.
The company has also planned a fleet of 35 vehicles with a targetrange of 100 miles in actual road driving conditions. Currently, theRAV4 has a mid-30KWh range lithium metal oxide battery, which adds about 220 pounds of weight over the conventional V6 model. However, even with the added weight, Toyota believes that the demonstrator vehicle willaccelerate from zero to 60 almost as fast.
While there is no firm commitment on the production volume, priceand variants, the company hopes to have the EV to market in 2012. Teslawill be building the battery and related components for the vehicle butno decision has been made on where the final assembly will take place.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar