Ecotech Institute: The Alternative Energy College
The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools and offers seven practical degree programs and one certificate program that give students skills required by alternative energy employers.
On September 24, the organization hosted its first Eco-Expo which was attended by more than 200 people and several vendors who showcased their products, services and technologies. These included Boulder ElectroRide, City Electric Supply, 99.5 The Mountain, Green Energy Solutions, SoleVento, Splendor Waterless Car Care, Green Garage, Rocky Mountain Bottled Water and Sunshine Systems.
The event was held in conjunction with Moving Planet‘s worldwide rally to demand solutions to the climate crisis and urge governments to steer us away from fossil fuel dependence.
“We had hundreds of people walk through our doors and leave with fresh knowledge about sustainable lifestyles, clean energy, education options and eco-friendly careers”, said Ecotech Institute’s president, Michael Seifert.
Ecotech’s Aurora campus opened in January 2011 and is expected to produce more than 50,000-kilowatt hours of electricity each year through its on-site wind and solar technologies. 400 students currently attend the college and the first class will be graduating in July 2012.
Energy Refuge is green blog focused on renewable energy and green issues.Established in 2006, it has been growing steadily with fresh andwell-written reports published on a daily basis.Articles l Homepage
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa