Toyota to develop solar-powered charging station for EVs
Toyota Industries Corp has announced that the company is developing electricvehicle charging stations that won’t drain the grid, but will rely onthe abundant energy of the sun. The solar-powered EV charging stationswill first harness solar energy and store it in batteries, which is then used to recharge electric vehicles.
The system will be able to supply 100/200V of electricity and will beconnected to mobile networks and LAN to transmit the authenticationinformation of users and other related information to the data center. The charging stations are expected to be launched after 2010.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar