Eco Tech: Dell’s car park gets solar farm from Envision Solar
Envision solarhas announced the completion of a solar shaded parking structure atDell’s headquarters in Round Rock, Texas. Called Solar Grove®, thesystem is designed to produce over 130KW of green power, which willhelp avoid 65 tons of greenhouse gas emissions annually.
The solar farm consists of 516 photovoltaic panels from BP Solar and was constructed by McBride Electric Inc.and Envision Solar. The structure will provide shaded parking space to50 cars and carries two solar charging stations for plug-in electricvehicles.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System