Greentechnologies are smart investments for the next decade and beyond.Companies involved in conservation and renewable energy will continue to see significant growth. Significant amounts of capital are alreadybeing invested in renewable energy all around the globe including windfarms and photovoltaic cells for solar power.
There is also great return potential investing in the extractive industries, which mine the key components of the new green economy. Materials vital to renewableenergy and the companies that mine and extract these components are agreat investment. Renewable energy sources like solar and batterytechnology require elements like gallium, indium, germanium and lithium.
Extraordinary returns await those who invest in green ahead of US environmentallegislation and a binding global agreement to regulate emissions.
Renewable energy and conservation measures are creating some of the biggestinvestment opportunities the world has ever seen.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?