DuPont, Oerlikon Develop New Solar Encapsulant PV5223
According to the companies, the PV5223 white reflective polyvinyl butyral (PVB)encapsulant enables easier manufacturing of next-generation thin-filmphotovoltaic modules that reflect more sunlight back through the module, thus delivering more power.
Designed for use with OerlikonSolar’s Micromorph technology, the DuPont PV5223 white reflective PVBencapsulant sheet increases light reflectivity by more than 50% versuspaint, to an almost perfect 94% reflectivity, the companies state. Thenew ultra-thin (0.45 mm) encapsulant also is more than 40% lighter inweight than traditional 0.76 mm PVB encapsulants.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?