DuPont Introduces New Materials For Photovoltaic Modules
DuPont has commercialized a new family of photovoltaic encapsulantsheets: the DuPont PV5300 Series. The company says the products deliverlong-term protection for the most sensitive part of photovoltaicmodules – the solar cells. They contribute to longer life and reducedcost per watt, helping system manufacturers deliver more reliable andcost-effective solar power, DuPont adds.
The DuPont PV5300Series sheets are five times tougher and 100 times stiffer thanmaterials typically used as encapsulants, the company says. Theirstructural properties make possible new module designs, such asbuilding-integrated photovoltaic tiles that can be installed onbuilding roofs.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?