Construction To Begin On Boston PV Project
Rivermoor Energy, a Newton, Mass.-based solar development andinvestment firm specializing in commercial, government and utilityprojects, plans to begin construction this month on what the company says will be the largest solar project in Boston.
Developedand designed by Rivermoor, Fischbach & Moore Electrical Group andZapotec Energy Inc., the 240 kW project at the Boston Water and SewerCommission headquarters will connect to the NSTAR grid.
LeveragingMassachusetts’ solar renewable energy credits, construction andinstallation of the $1.075 million project will take approximatelythree months. When complete, the new solar energy system should produce268,000 kWh of power annually, about 7% of the commission’s currentpower usage.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa