Concept Solar Streetlights from Lighting Science Group
Lighting Science Group has created a new range of LED streetlights that run entirelyindependent of local power grids. The sustainable streetlights harvestsolar energy to power a series of energy saving lights, which are beingclaimed to be more efficient that regular HID streetlights.
The new PROLIFIC Series Roadway Streetlights are being installed on a 14 mile stretch of Mexico City’s elevated Viaducto Bicentenariosuperhighway. The developers state that their 100W, 5000K streetlightsare more efficient and require less maintenance than regular HIDstreetlights. Moreover the lights are designed to run off a low voltageDC current, which can come from renewable sources of energy.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar