Competition in the Green Vehicle Market
Competition for domination in the green car market is fierce. Automakers around the world are racing to come to market with greener vehicletechnologies. New partnerships are being formed and new business models are driving the growth of greener vehicles.
Hybrids and fully electric cars are already on the market around the world. Toyota has the Prius, but it also has a fully electric subcompact car. Honda has the Insight and the carmaker has also announced its intention tolaunch a hybrid version of its Civic and an all-electric car by 2012. Nissan is now selling its affordable all-electric Leaf compact. The Koreans and the Chinese are also getting in on the greener car action.
In North America, General Motors has launched its new Chevrolet Volt electric hybrid car. In Europe, Volkswagen has launched a fleet of award winning hybrid and electric cars in its bid to become a world leader. Volkswagen subsidiaries, Porsche and Audi are also contributing greener cars. Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot, BMW, Mercedes and even Jaguar are amongst a number of European carmakers producinghybrid and fully electric cars. There are also a host of less well known entrants into the greener vehicle market, including one from Africa.
From commercial transports, family cars and subcompacts, to supercars, luxury vehicles and SUVs,virtually every niche of the vehicle market now comes with the option of hybrid and fully electric powerplants.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa