Colorado Doing Clean Energy the Right Way
Last month the Colorado State Senate passed a bill increasing theColorado’s RPS to 30% by 2020. Currently, the state only generates 6%of its electricity from renewable energy sources. However, state policy-makers will have to stay very strong in theirclean energy resolve in order to meet this ambitious target, especiallyconsidering Colorado’s population is expected to double in the next tenyears, which will increase energy demand by 2 to 4 gigawatts.
Colorado definitely has the renewable resources to make their goal areality. With over 300 sunny days, the state has the fifth greatestsolar potential in the U.S. Companies such as SunPowerNasdaq: SPWRA)and Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL) are staking claim to this potential hotbed. (
Additionally, Colorado ranks 11th in wind power potential and 4th ingeothermal potential. So, with the right policy in place to takeadvantage of its immense resource base, Colorado’s clean energydevelopment is definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Read the full story at Greenchip Review: How toProfit from Colorado’s New Renewable Energy Law
Image courtesy of WolfgangStaudt
EnergyBoom is a global leader in news information about the renewable energy sector, offering expert analysis to keep you on the cutting edge of the renewable energy world. From public policy and financial analysis to company profiles to social commentary and the basics, EnergyBoom is your 360° view of the renewable energy world. Our contributors scour the globe daily for the latest news and information delivering insight and analysis, covering everything from new technologies to breaking news.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!