Cogenra’s Hybrid PV and Hot Water Plus Financing
Hybrid PV and hot water is not entirely new — the real innovativepiece at the Khosla Ventures-funded Cogenra might be the introduction of the Heat and Power Purchase Agreement (HPPA). Cogenra offersrenewable energy below utility rates while trimming natural gas andgrid-sourced electricity usage. This is akin to what Solar City and SunRun offer in residential solar PV and a host of firms like Tioga Energy or Borrego Solar offer for commercial solar.
The firm just officially unveiled a solar cogeneration project at the Sonoma Wine Company in Graton, California. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair andVinod Khosla of Khosla Ventures were on-hand as the winery flipped theswitch on the 272-kilowatt winery installation.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1