Clean and Green Singapore 2011
The annual Clean and Green Singapore campaign, organized by the National Environment Agency and launched by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, is aimed at inspiring Singaporeans to care for and protect theliving environment by adopting an Environmentally Friendly lifestyle. In its third year, the activities for 2011 focus on instilling a sense ofpride and ownership of the environment in the community, to encourageSingaporeans to do their part in sustaining a clean and green Singapore.
In his speech, the Prime Minister called for the “Total Defense”concept to be applied to protecting the environment. Noting that thetheme this year is Promoting Environmental Ownership, the Prime Minister urged everyone to work together to build a beautiful Singapore andnoted that this could only be achieved through the collective efforts of the public and private sectors to safeguard, nurture and cherish ourenvironment.
A highlight of the opening week was the Clean and Green SchoolCarnival, which Applied was proud to be a part off. The strong turn-outat the carnival symbolized the passion that Singaporean youth have forprotecting the environment. Students, along with their teachers, wereout in full force to showcase the various initiatives that their schoolhad implemented to promote environmental protection and education.
AMSEA participated by supporting the 3R awards as well as theAlternate Energy Car Challenge "SolarPrix" to advocate environmentaleducation among students in Singapore.
Another key attraction during the carnival was the Solar Prixcompetition. The competition requires participants to design and build a vehicle using alternative energy such as solar power to challenge thecar in an ‘Environment Car Race’ and cars were judged in terms of speed, efficiency as well as design. Participants and supporters were presentduring the intense and exciting race and judging session and were giveninsights into the use and effectiveness of solar power.
Here’s looking forward to a clean and green Singapore in 2011!
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!