China’s Commitment to Green Technologies
Every day we read about the global dominance that China is achievingin cleantech, and wish the US could get on the stick as well. Here’s awonderful presentation by HSBC that explicates China’s commitment to green technologies nicely.
China’s 12th Five Year Plan includes seven Strategic EmergingIndustries (SEI), six of which are related to clean energy andsustainability. While we in the US are arguing about trivia andeviscerating our environmental regulations, the Chinese will beinvesting as much as $1.5 trillion between now and 2020 in:
1) Energy saving and environmental protection
2) New energy, e.g., renewables, nuclear, and carbon capture
3) New materials (LED lighting, building materials)
4) High-end equipment manufacturing, e.g., high-speed railway
5) New-energy vehicles (EV, PHEV, energy-efficient vehicles, batteries)
6) Next generation IT, e.g., smart grid
Craig Shields is the editor of the fast-growing website2GreenEnergy. Craig and his associates in clean energy business and technology publish industry interviews, technology analysis, scientific and engineering research, while offering consulting and investment services for the business of renewable energy.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System