China Sunergy says it returned to profitability in Q2
Solar-cell maker China Sunergy tells investors that it returned to profitabilty in the second quarter of 2009, and will demonstrate stronger-than-expected sales volumes when it submits its official quarterly financial results in August
Solar-cell shipments at the Nanjing-based firm “slightly exceeded” its prior guidance of 35-40 megawatts during the three-month period ending 30 June.
The company adds that its gross profit margin during the quarter will be around 9%, “compared with prior guidance of a positive low single-digit number”.
“During the second quarter China Sunergy met or exceeded the guidance targets we set for ourselves,” says chief executive Allen Wang. “We have experienced a steady monthly improvement in our operational and financial performance during the quarter.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar