Canadian Solar (CSIQ) Installs Ontario’s 1st 250 KW PV Rooftop System
Canadian Solar just announced that it has successfully installed thefirst 250 kW photovoltaic (PV) rooftop system in Ontario. The systemconsists of 1,326 Canadian solar panels on approximately 74,668 squarefeet, and was installed on the rooftop of a building owned by TowconHoldings. Aecon was the installation partner.
In a press release, Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and CEO, Canadian Solar Inc.,commented:
“Canadian Solar has been providing solar solutions to customers inover 30 countries around the world since 2002, including Germany,Spain, Italy, France, Japan, Korea, the Czech Republic, the UnitedStates and Canada. We are extremely proud though to complete the first250 kW PV rooftop system in Ontario since it is home to Canadian Solarand our corporate office. In addition, working together, we havedeveloped a progressive model for the delivery of clean, renewableenergy in Ontario and look forward to many more exciting projects likethis.”
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!