Canadian Solar Awarded Chinese Rural Electrification Contract
Canadian Solar just announced that it won a bid on a project toprovide solar panels for 80,000 solar home systems in rural China. Intotal, Canadian Solar will supply 1.6 MW worth of panels. The projectis scheduled to be completed by the end of this month.
Dr. Shawn Qu, President and CEO of Canadian Solar, commented on the project in a company press release:
"We were very pleased to win this bid. A solar home system makes areal impact on the lives of these rural households. In many cases itwill be the first electrical power source these rural families haveever had. We are very proud to be part of this project. Canadian Solarhas a business division devoted to the designing, manufacturing andinstalling solar home and solar village systems for ruralelectrification and has been actively involved in rural electrificationprojects in China since 2004."
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act