California’s Wine Country: Harvesting Sunlight
After our wedding last February, my wife and I explored our individual interests mutually during our honeymoon. For her it was wine; for me solar. Not surprisingly, she’s the more fun one in our relationship.
Over the course of several days in Napa and Sonoma, we drank countless wines and learned a lot about making and tasting wine. I can now dazzle friends and acquaintances with terms like “fruit forward.”
I pondered that question as we returned again to Northern California for our one-year anniversary trip. Yes, we survived a year despite accusations that I was spending too much time with some woman named “Solyndra.”
There are three main reasons I think that the wine industry is ahead of the curve in adopting solar energy: smart economics, great location and sustainable motivation.
Over the next couple of posts, I’ll expand on these topics with some examples from my trips (along with a few wine recommendations).
Scaling Green is the online forum for the people who are working to scale the emerging clean economy – renewables, recycling, green building, smart transit,sustainable agriculture… You name it, we’re here to help scale it, toknock over the barriers to a green economy that will leave America stronger, healthier, better employed, and more secure.Scaling Green is an ongoing project produced by Tigercomm, a cleantech public relations firm specializing in helping renewable energy companies scale their businesses. But we’re out to make this forum bigger than the firm. Much bigger. We invite you to be a part of the Scaling Green community. Help us build this forum by giving us your comments, as well as suggestions on features, areas of focus, and improvements.You can contact us anytime at email@example.com
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa