California Solar Initiative 2011 Highlights
The latest newsletter from the California Solar Initiative (CSI) highlights some of the precedent shattering developments in solar this past year. Here’s our summary of the most notable developments this year:
- In just 2011 alone (with the year not quite complete!) more than 20,000 PV systems were installed with a capacity of 241 MW. CSI paid out some $283 million in rebates.
- Of those 20,000 systems installed so far this year, more than 19,000 were residential systems, accounting for 94 MW installed capacity at an average system size of just under 5 kW. Residential system owners received a total of $67 million in rebates.
- The remaining non-residential systems accounted for 149 MW of capacity for an average system size of 172 kW. Those systems qualified for an anticipated $267 million in performance-based incentive payments over the next five years.
- SCE alone authorized nearly 9,000 projects to go online so far this year – a 40% increase over the 2010 total.
We will be writing more about the details of all of this growth in the New Year. What oddities and outliers will we discover then? Stay tuned!
Jim Jenal is the Founder & CEO of Run on Sun, Pasadena's premier installer and integrator of top-of-the-line solar power installations for commercial and residential customers. Jim is a NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer – as are the other two principals in the business.In addition, Run on Sun offers solar consulting services, working with consumers, utilities and municipalities to help them make solar power affordable and reliable. Articles l Homepage
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar