Bus stops in San Francisco to offer solar powered Wi-Fi by 2013
By the year 2013, San Francisco is planning to build atleast 360 busstops which will have Wi-Fi and also these bus stops will be powered bythe sun. It will cost $30,000 for a bus stop which can sound veryexpensive but they are very energy efficient. The energy that will beleft unutilized will be fed back into the city’s electricity grid. Thestops will be using LED lightings which is nearly four and a half timesmore efficient than conventional lighting.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa