Buffet’s MidAmerican Energy Creates Renewable Energy Division
Among investor-owned utilities, MidAmerican has the most installed wind power in the US, totaling 2,284 megawatts when current projects are completed.
Bill Fehrman, who is president and CEO of MidAmerican Energy, will also lead MidAmerican Renewables.
In December, 2011, MidAmerican bought one of the world’s largest solar PV plants – the $2 billion, 550 MW Topaz project under development in southern California. Immediately after that, it bought a 49% stake in the 290 MW Agua Caliente project in Arizona, which is expected to come online in 2014. First Solar is building both projects.
Online since 1996, we provide global news and networking services to help green business grow. We cover all green business sectors including renewable energy, green building and green investing. Services include: Daily Green Business and Green Investor News; our leading green jobs service, Green Dream Jobs, a hands-on green investing newsletter, Progressive Investor; and networking services for green businesses that seek capital and partners.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS