BrightSource Energy Signs Supply Contracts With Siemens
BrightSource Energy Inc., a developer of utility-scale solar thermal power plants, has signed contracts with Siemens to purchase two steam turbine generators for use at its Ivanpah SolarElectric Generating System. BrightSource Energy has now ordered allthree steam turbines to be used at its Ivanpah project.
Thecontract is for the supply of two 133 MW steam turbines to be used atIvanpah’s Units II and III. Last month, the company announced that ithad purchased three solar receiver steam generators from Riley Power.BrightSource Energy purchased its first Siemens steam turbine generatorin December 2008 to be used at Ivanpah’s Unit I.
SOURCE: BrightSource Energy Inc.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar