BMW Lovos Concept Car Powered By Solar
PforzheimUniversity graduate Anne Forschner is one auto designer who believesthat cars of the future need to harness renewable energy and convert itinto usable fuel for a zero-emission ride. Anne has come up with aconcept car, designed in collaboration with BMW, that mimics naturalforms to harness solar energy. DubbedLovos (Lifestyle of Voluntary Simplicity), the car is constructed fromjust one fully exchangeable part that recurs 260 times. Each of thesepieces is covered in solar photovoltaic cells, which can be opened orclosed just like fish scales. Thesescales operate as airbrakes and move along with the sun to harness themaximum possible energy. In addition to the scales on the body, 12scales are incorporated in each wheel. As soon as the car begins tomove, they change their position to move into the wheel just liketurbines.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- In Focus: Vertical Farming
- Why Green Buildings Work
- FUTUREWATCH: 3D NAND Flash Memory
- STUDY: Humans Caused Climate Change
- Nickel Iron Battery
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix