Bluetooth SSD powered by the sun
Whentoo much data fills our internal hard drives, we look for externalalternatives. The external drive alternatives on the market only add tothe power consumption of the system, but now if the ‘Light’sReminiscence’ by Tryi Yeh becomes a reality, we could have externalsolid state drives that are powered by the sun.
Thedesigner has come up with a new SSD that integrates Bluetoothtechnology for easy transfer between the system and the disk, and allthose electronics run without consuming a single watt of power from thegrid. The system carries a layer of solar cells which capture sunlightand store it in batteries for indoor use.
Inaddition to the use of solar panels to pull down the amount of energyconsumed by a conventional SSD drive, the Light’s Reminiscence is alsomade from recycled wood, which itself is a carbon neutral product.
Thanks: [Tryi Yeh]
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?