BioSolar Releases Bright-White BioBacksheet
BioSolar Inc., developer of a technology to produce bio-based PVmaterials from renewable plant sources, has introduced a bright-whiteBioBacksheet in response to demand from its prospective customers.
"While meeting with PV module manufacturers in recent months, we encounteredan overwhelming preference for a bright-white colored BioBacksheet inlieu of the existing translucent design," says David Lee, CEO ofBioSolar. "For cosmetic reasons, as well as for its high reflectivity,which improves cell efficiency, manufacturers prefer a bright-whitecolored backsheet."
The original translucent BioBacksheet hasproven to be durable in all categories of short-term and long-termdurability tests, the company notes. For example, while only 1,000 hours of damp heat oven exposure (85 degree C at 85% relative humidity) isrequired to test a typical new backsheet, the translucent BioBacksheetendured more than 3,000 hours.
According to Lee, BioSolarcurrently has commitments from select PV module manufacturers willing to move forward with recertification of their existing PV panels uponcompletion of the remaining tests. This is a necessary step beforemaking quantity purchase commitments.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?