Best Power, Xcel Energy Ink PPA Deal (XEL)
ThePPA stems from energy to be produced by the 400 kW Saint John’s SolarFarm, located at Saint John’s Abbey and University in Collegeville,Minn. The PPA is subject to approval by the Minnesota Public UtilitiesCommission.
"We are excited to be involved with thisinitiative to deploy solar energy in Minnesota on a large scale," saysLaura McCarten, regional vice president of Northern States PowerCo.-Minnesota, an Xcel Energy company. "In the educational environmentof Saint John’s University, this development will offer a valuableopportunity to further solar technology and study its effectiveness inMinnesota and this region of the country."
According to thecompanies, Saint John’s Solar Farm is the largest solar facility in thestate and the first ground-mounted linear tracker in the Upper Midwest.The project was partially funded by ratepayers of Xcel Energy throughthe Renewable Development Fund and is intended to showcase Minnesota’ssolar resources while serving as an educational laboratory for SaintJohn’s students to study the benefits of linear tracking in northernlatitudes.
Best Power Int’l LLC contracted with Eden Prairie,Minn.-based Westwood Renewables to design and build the facility.Project partners included Mortenson Construction, Hunt Electric andVeit Cos.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency