Australia Got a Boost of Alternative Energy in 2010
Australia installed more solar power in 2010 than it had during the previous decade, says a Clean Energy Australia report.
There were more than 100,000 solar power systems installed duringJanuary – October 2010, compared with a total of 81,232 between 2000 and 2009. It also became more affordable, the report says.
“Over the past year more than 100,000 households have made asignificant personal investment to take individual action on climatechange and protect themselves against rising electricity prices,” saidMatthew Warren, Clean Energy Australia CEO.
Facts and figures
In 2010 8.67 per cent of Australia’s electricity came from renewablesources, or 21,751 gigawatt hours. A total of 209 megawatts of largescale clean energy projects were added to the grid between January andOctober 2010. Bloomberg New Energy Finance says the sector attractedjust under $1.8 billion in new financial investment during the 2009-2010 financial year.
Energy Refuge is green blog focused on renewable energy and green issues.Established in 2006, it has been growing steadily with fresh andwell-written reports published on a daily basis.Articles l Homepage
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?