Atlantic Wind and Solar Adds To Ontario PV Program
Atlantic Wind& Solar Inc. has entered into an agreement with anOntario commercial real estate developer that will allow it to developand construct four more solar rooftop projects.
The projects will generate a combined nameplate power capacity of approximately 492 kW.Under the agreement, Atlantic Wind & Solar will finance, build, own, operate and maintain the solar energy systems hosted on the roofs ofthe commercial buildings, and the electrical power generated from thesystems will be sold directly into the grid to the Ontario PowerAuthority for C$0.713/kWh for a total of 20 years, under the terms andconditions of the Ontario government’s feed-in-tariff (FIT) program.
The aforementioned rooftop PV systems will all be located in the GreaterToronto area. Construction is expected to commence following FITcontract application approval.
SOURCE: AtlanticWind & Solar Inc.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa